We Care Adult Care, staffed by attentive and caring professionals, offers health care supervision, engaging activity programs and rehabilitative therapies in a comfortable, homelike environment. Our primary focus is helping our participants achieve a marked improvement in their overall quality of life, well-being and daily functioning while providing respite and peace of mind for their caregivers.
What are the Benefits of Adult Day Care?
When participants come to We Care Adult Care, they receive a customized medical plan of care that incorporates cognitive and physical activities as appropriate in order to help them remain active and intellectually stimulated throughout the day while maintaining or improving their present level of independence and functioning.
Effective Management of Chronic Conditions and Health Monitoring
Our dedicated and highly skilled staff play an important role in helping our participants address the challenges of chronic conditions by assisting with daily personal care and hygiene, managing nutrition and medication, monitoring blood pressure and blood sugar, providing tracheostomy care and tube feeding and offering on-site physical, speech and occupational therapy.
In addition, we work with families in the implementation of health management and therapeutic techniques, so they can take an active role in the participants care and treatment at home.
Prolonged Independence and Improved Daily Functioning
We Care Adult Care promotes participants ability to remain independent by supplementing the assistance they receive from family caregivers with a unique program of health care services and activities custom-tailored to their needs and interests.
By engaging in these activities, our participants receive cognitive and physical stimulation that helps to enhance well-being while delaying or preventing deterioration that would necessitate placement in an assisted living facility or nursing home. In addition, our on-site physical, speech and occupational therapists work with participants to improve daily functioning by developing strength, range of motion, balance and cognitive abilities.
Cognitive and Physical Stimulation
At We Care Adult Care, our RNs, LPNs, personal care assistants, activities staff and therapists are dedicated to helping our participants enjoy safe and productive days while returning to the comfort and familiarity of home at night.
Recognizing the importance of cognitive and physical stimulation in sustaining the health and happiness of our participants, We Care Adult Care offers a wide variety of customized therapeutic activities designed to keep our participants active and engaged throughout the day while providing respite for family caregivers.
We also offer enrichment activities, such as painting, ceramics, wood crafts and cooking, that improve hand-eye coordination, provide outlets for creative expression and build self-esteem. By engaging in word puzzles, reminiscing exercises and discussions of subjects like art, history, music and current events, participants receive cognitive stimulation that enhances mental acuity and memory function.
Nutrition and Medication Management
Ensuring that our participants receive proper nutrition and medication each day in the absence of their family caregivers is an important factor in fulfilling our commitment to helping them maintain the best possible quality of life and well-being.
When your loved one comes to We Care Adult Care, you can be assured their nutrition is top priority. We provide appetizing, wholesome meals and snacks that are approved by a registered dietician and include provisions for diabetics, vegetarians, sodium-restricted or low-cholesterol diets and other special dietary needs.
In addition, our staff can administer medications and injections as prescribed, monitoring the effectiveness of the treatment and relaying this information to the participants physician, caregivers and case manager.
The Convenience of Door-to-Door Transportation
We provide or arrange door-to-door transportation for our participants within a convenient distance. We offer flexible pick-up and drop-off times, working closely with participants and their caregivers to determine the best schedule. For added safety, all of our vehicles are handicapped-accessible.
Cost-Effective Alternative to Nursing Homes or Institutions
We Care Adult Care offers many distinct advantages and the most cost-effective option for long-term care. While costs differ based on care level and geographic region, nationwide averages show that the annual costs for adult day health services are significantly less than those for other long-term care options.
In many cases, our services may be paid in part or in full by Medicaid, Veterans Administration or private long-term care insurance, although coverage varies from participant to participant. Keep in mind as well that out-of-pocket expenditures may qualify as a tax-deductible medical expense.
Adult Day Services Are a Preferred Platform for Chronic Disease Management
- There is an increase in disease-specific programs offered in centers to address chronic conditions.
- More than ever, adult day services participants have higher levels of chronic conditions and disease, such as hypertension, physical disability, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental illness, and developmental disability.
- There is a heightened focus on prevention and health maintenance — We Care Adult Care offers physical activity programs to address cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- We Care Adult Care are Leaders in Community-Based Care for Individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias
- Adult day services centers provide an interactive, safe, and secure environment.
- Nearly half of all participants have some level of dementia.
- We Care Adult Care offers cognitive stimulation programs, memory training programs and educational programs.
- The care provided may allow these individuals to delay nursing home placement.
- Adult Day Services Are an Essential Source of Support for Family Caregivers
- Adult day services provide a reliable source of support, restore balance in times of crisis, and enhance overall quality of life for caregivers.
- Adult day services provide respite to family caregivers.
- Over 80% of participants attend full days and 46% attend five days per week, enabling family caregivers to remain in the workforce.